“Baked Spicy Chicken”
“ 20 minutes”
“1 hour 20 minutes”
- 2 cups bite-size round tortilla chips, crushed (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cut-up whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb), skin removed if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. In shallow bowl, mix crushed chips, oregano, paprika, thyme, seasoned salt, garlic powder and red pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg and milk.
- Coat chicken pieces lightly with egg mixture, then coat lightly with crumb mixture. Place in pan, skin sides up. Sprinkle with any remaining crumb mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs and legs).